I know it has been a VERY long time since my last post. I have been to the site and ready to post….but found it very overwhelming due to how much has transpired. But I have had many wonderful individuals reach out and ask how things are going. So…..in many following posts I will give updates. Making sure I have all the events in a correct timeline order.
However, I will give a brief update as to how I’m/we are doing overall.
This past year has been, overall, good! I’m going to bulletpoint the good and bad and then write specific posts regarding each area. (Of course not all at once:)
I’m starting off with the bad, because I want to leave on a good note.
- JD is still on prescription medication.
- Our fighting has escalated to a new (not good) level. (Less fighting though.)
- My anger has increased to a not-so-good level.
- JD’s level of energy and sleeping is still an issue.
- Business has suffered as a result.
- Have uncovered more theft from employees at our business.
- Our marriage almost came to an end.
- Past hurts with family continue to creep in. (From the neighbors and family from CA.)
- I have struggled with my faith very deeply. This past year I feel as though I have questioned my faith more than ever.
- Both of our health has declined and life is catching up to us at a very fast pace.
- We are still together/married!
- We have been going to Christian marriage counseling.
- We are in the process of selling one of our companies.
- We don’t fight as much.
- War room was created (in an closet in the office/schoolroom)
- JD’s time with The Lord & faith has skyrocketed.
- JD uses the War Room pretty much daily.
- JD has surrendered and continues to strive for a better life.
- Communication and contact has happened with family members who we have had the strained relationship with for the last 6ish years.
- JD & I communicate WAY more.
- I see a light at the end of the tunnel.
- We are in the mode of simplifying. Focusing on what God’s plans are for us.
Well….that is pretty much “in a nutshell” of what I will continue to write/post in more detail. As you can see, God does answer prayers and I have quite a bit of “good” on my list.
As I was sitting here thinking, I asked myself the question: Why have I not posted much and how come it has been so long?
Well…..I do know I have been over-the-top busy with everything, but that still is not an excuse! I mean…..I have time to Candy Crush – right?!
I came to this conclusion: When things are going good – or better – our human nature is to not go deeper, to let off the gas. Kind of like when life is going good, we tend to not dive into The Lord as much. We tend to not go to the well for help as much. For me, this is not a good thing! For me, I need to develop the habit of consistency. Consistency helps to maintain balance. And it’s also really important to document and remember the times that are going good and to reflect with thanksgiving on these times as well.
I hope each and everyone of you can find pease this Christmas!
Over this past year my theme has been: “Let It Go!” (Yes, I too start singing the Disney song:). But really……..I have grown in this area so much. It has not been easy!!!! I like to have control! I like to control things, situations and outcomes!! So to “Let It Go” 0r “Let Go & Let God!” – this has truly been a lifesaver. Because to be honest, I never had the final say: He did! I had, and still have to, trust like I’ve never trusted before. One thing we learned (among many things) in counseling is: You are responsible 2 – not 4 (and you can fill in the blank). So…..you are responsible 2 your husband, not 4 him. You are responsible 2 your family members, not 4 them.
Have a Blessed Christmas!